Part-Time Service Coordinator-Social Work-Harris County
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation’s first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children’s Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at . Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children’s without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Advanced Social Work Service Coordinator — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. This position will function as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team in the provision of Level I (and higher) patient care, as well as enhance the quality of clinical and financial outcomes. You will communicate with members of the health care team to ensure appropriate medical necessity for patients and interact with payors and the patient/family/health care team regarding payor information as necessary. Lastly, this role will ensure that care moves in a timely and efficient manner.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Complete a comprehensive problem identification analysis of Level I (and higher) patients to identify opportunities for intervention that are appropriate and realistic for the patient/family’s psycho-social, cultural, spiritual, and physical plan of care
· Coordinate, facilitate, and monitor the plan of care for Level I (and higher) patients throughout the episode and continuum of care to achieve the optimal clinical and financial outcomes
· Oversee the discharge planning and facilitate safe transitions to community settings
- Serve as a liaison between members of the interdisciplinary care team, community providers, payor sources, and patient/family to ensure safe and effective plans and smooth transitions between internal and external levels of care
- Assure the timely performance of utilization management processes to maintain compliance with federal, state, and managed care contract regulations
- Create data collection reporting tools, coordinate implementation and reporting of data collection to demonstrate compliance with standards and complete outcome studies
- Annually complete training on health literacy, cultural competency, person-directed planning, trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, integrated case management, life care planning, and complete the Texas Health Steps case management training module
- Master’s degree in social work required
- LMSW – Licensed Master Social Worker Some or LCSW – Licensed Clinical Social Worker from the Texas Board of Social Work Examiners
- Driver’s license for any state and current auto insurance
- C-ASWCM – certificate in Advanced Social Work Case Manager from the National Association of Social Workers preferred
- CCM- Certificate Case Manager from Adult and Pediatric Integrated Case Management preferred
- Experience in pediatrics working with children with special health care needs or working with a special needs population preferred
- Please note: As a remote worker/road warrior with the organization, this consent allows us to disclose an employee’s home address for the purposes of geomapping
Thank you for your interest in applying for this job position.
Texas Children’s is excited to announce that we are transitioning to a new applicant tracking system. During this transition, from April 11-17, 2016 our application functions on our Careers website will be temporarily deactivated.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Visit us on Monday, April 18, 2016 to check out our new features and apply!
33 total views, 1 today