Full-Time Sales Account Manager I- Military Chemical Sales
reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor
of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of
our customers teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business succes
At Univar Solutions, we re building on our more than 90 years of experience
and drawing on deep resources inventory and logistics experts, scientists
PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver
consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers
formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions,
you ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical
Univar Solution s Military business has dramatic opportunities for growth o
our domestic and international markets. As an Account Manager, you will be
responsible for receiving and responding to requests for quotes; negotiating
pricing, terms, lead times and effectively managing and resolving issues.
In this role, you will also seek and identify opportunities for domestic and
global growth, and interface with all related support functions to develop and
strengthen relations with new and existing customers and strategic channel
partners. A key focus is the development of strategic partners with preferred
DLA small business program status and international reseller partners.
The role is expected to provide a mix of strategic and tactical solutions in a
business-to-business selling environment. The role focuses on acquiring,
penetrating, managing and retaining customers in a global marketplace. Being
sales and performance driven with dedication to achieving team goals will be
critical to the success of our overall business. Knowledge of Military
procurement processes, familiarity with NSN s, DIBBS, ASSIST, and
systems and DOD Set Aside business contracting programs is
preferred, but not required. Training on all applications will be provided.
- Enhance Univar USA s position within each account by understanding
market segment, current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers.
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size
of your territory/business
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline at all times
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar Solutions targets
- Focus on customer retention and improve overall customer satisfaction by
establishing strong relationships via email and telephone calls with a
diverse global customer base to identify and close additional business
- Communicate clearly as needed to ensure local Univar Solutions employees
and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions
required to successfully service the customer
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase
our overall value to the customer
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues
- Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field preferred. Equivalent
combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- 1-3 year s sales experience in an inside sales or field sales positio
with a proven track record of success.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and
PowerPoint are required.
- Experience with sales reporting programs, such as Tableau and Qlikview
and CRM system, such as is a plus.
- Detail oriented and able to manage time and resources effectively in
order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of the business
relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of
chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover
needs and motivations to overcome objections to order to close a sale
- Effective organizational and negotiation skills that allow Univar to
realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than
resorting to price-based selling
- Limited overnight travel, less than 10% of the time.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD,
LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
6 total views, 1 today