Full-Time Hospital Sales Representative
SHIFT: No Weekends
JOB TITLE: Director of Physician and Provider Relations (PPR), Generalist
(Hospital or Market)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:The Director of Physician and Provider Relations,
Generalist is responsible for developing and retaining customer relationships
to drive growth for key hospital services. The Generalist works as an extension
of hospital leadership and operations, focusing on key internal and external
customers to grow hospital volumes. These customers include: physicians and
surgeons, CEOs of outreach hospitals, EMS leadership, free standing ER/urgent
care leadership and staff, advanced practice providers, surgical leadership,
and physician office staff. The generalist represents a key leadership role in
the hospital and is proficient in working within an integrated sales
SUPERVISOR: Reports directly to Division Vice President of Physician and
Provider Relations. Matrixed reporting relationship to hospital CEO.
SUPERVISES: Not applicable.
- Develops and executes strategic plans to grow hospital volumes, including
inpatient admissions, outpatient services and surgical volumes.
- Engages with physicians and surgeons in the OR, understands basic OR
protocols and procedures.
- Evaluates market data and financial information for facility service
lines in collaboration with leadership, to identify priorities, create
data-driven customer target lists, call cycles, and develop sales plans
with measurable results.
- Actively prospects for new business and growth in hospital environment.
- Identifies barriers and communicates to leadership using CRM system. Is
responsible for Issue Resolution processes and works to implement
solutions and completes follow-up meetings to gain or retain business.
- Using internal and external data and resources, develops an understanding
of service line attributes, trends and opportunities to develop a clear
service line strategy and growth plan with measurable results.
- Builds data-driven business cases for strategic growth proposals such as
physician recruitment/employment, service line development, equipment
purchases or foot-print expansion and proactively presents to facility
- Develops understanding of customer s business and challenges, and use
that understanding to develop sales plan and customer focused solutions.
- Identifies critical activities and tasks, effectively allocates time to
consistently meet or exceed productivity expectations; develops and
maintains a call cycle and routing plan.
- Executes sales strategies and monitors effectiveness of sales plan and
modifies strategies and activities as necessary based on measurable
results. Educates customers on services offered by facility and
effectively conveys benefits of the business relationship.
- Completes consultative sales meetings with customers to gain a thorough
understanding of customer needs, business and challenges, and uses that
understanding to develop a sales plan and customer-focused solutions to
drive facility growth. Consistently uses CRM system to track activities.
- Prepares and presents sales reports as required by leadership to identify
trends, additional business opportunities and obstacles to business
- Participates in annual strategic business planning and leads medical
staff development/succession planning.
- Executes strategic physician engagement projects, including but not
limited to the Physician Engagement Study, Medical Staff Planning, and
Physician Referral Panel programs.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Master s degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Administration or Business
- Seasoned consultative or service-oriented sales experience
required. 5 years of progressive healthcare sales experience in hospital,
pharmaceutical or device sales; comparable experience may be considered.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility withi
your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information,
etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public
webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job
posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact
HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
6 total views, 1 today