Part-Time Home Health Medical Social Worker
TEXAS HEALTH QUEST, LLC
Company Job Title:
Medical Social Worker
Chenega Job Title:
Social Worker Medical
San Antonio, TX
Director of Clinical Operations
Non-Exempt, Part Time, Regular
The Medical Social Worker will provide coordinated care in the home to patients of all age groups and perform psychosocial assessments, analysis, counseling and referrals to meet the needs of the patient/family.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess home health patient to identify psychosocial, financial, environmental and community needs.
- Develop/revise Plan of Care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members.
- Assist other team members in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the health problems.
- Utilize and provide patient/family with appropriate community resources as needed.
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team to promote coordination of patient care.
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to meet the needs of the patients.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Texas Certification, Valid Texas Drivers License
- Minimum One (1) year experience as a MSW in a health care agency
- Reliable transportation and valid auto liability insurance.
- Proof of current CPR, and Hepatitis profile
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of community resources.
- Use effective interpersonal relations and communication skills to work with family members as needed and to assist in planning for discharge.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board; participates in inservice programs.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency by maintaining a working knowledge of public and private eligibility standards and requirements.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
11 total views, 1 today