Full-Time Analyst, Global Accounting Business Analysis
Analyst, Global Accounting Business Analysis
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. Thats why we’re always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and its our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
We are looking for a Finance Systems Analyst who will engage with business stakeholders in Accounting to understand business processes and user needs from business systems, drill into the details to analyze complex processes and translate them into business and functional requirements. You will be responsible for documenting detailed business requirements, defining project scope and objectives, systems configuration, testing, implementation, continuous improvement and ongoing support. To ensure we provide optimal service to our business partners, you will have a deep understanding of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background. This position will support Equinixs global accounting organization and report to the Senior Manager, Business Analysts.
– Participates in finance systems implementation projects
– Understands the content, processes and procedures associated with implementing and maintaining Oracle
– Business requirements documentation
– Provides inputs into business processes based on design capabilities
– Champions sustainable and forward-looking configurations by recognizing future needs aligned with the business roadmap
– Configures applications in line with business goals and develops configuration standards
– Coordinates with IT development teams to manage the development process and resolves issues
– UAT test documentation/creation. Validates test cases with stakeholders for user acceptance testing and training and obtains signoffs
– Coordinates testing execution, issues identification and resolution
– Day to day systems administrative tasks and maintenance related to various systems, including but not limited to user management, access modification, reporting and data reconciliation
– Reconciles data between systems and documents financial operational procedures
– Supports end-user day-to-day requests for new searches, reports, KPIs and dashboards
– Identifies training needs through user and system assessments and end-user observations
– Suggests best practices and opportunities for improvement through automation or simplification
– Creates detailed user guides/knowledge base for system processes and design
– Actively researches new technology trends and shares insights with the team
– Associate degree preferred. Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field a plus
– 3+ years of enterprise software experience/ERP/accounting systems like Oracle or SAP as a systems analyst preferred
– 5 years of process improvement and system implementation experience highly preferred
– Demonstrated ability to adapt to new applications/technologies/tools/processes
– Experience with Trintech Cadency/ReconNET, Hyperion, Excel4 Apps and/or Incorta is a plus
– Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and technology
– Relevant experience with SOX systems and general controls requirements
– Experience with publicly traded and global companies
– Must be self-starter, able to work independently, thrive in a fast-paced environment, customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships
– Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
– Has a strong focus on gathering core requirements, beyond stated requirements and correctly places them within a broader context
– Experience with Project Management tools and methodology a plus
– Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and drive delivery and execution.
– Eager to trail-blaze and raise awareness on new features and functionality
– Good oral and written communication skills
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
14 total views, 1 today