Full-Time Accounting/Order Entry Clerk
Duration – up to 12 months to start.
Enters customer orders and invoices customers. Assists accounts payable clerk as needed and may assist accounting manager with reports and closing entries.
- Primary duties will be entering orders from customers into QuickBooks, checking orders entered by others for accuracy, and invoicing customers. Includes answering phones and taking phone orders from customers.
- May assist with accounts payable as needed, including entering purchase orders, item receipts and bills into QuickBooks. Accounts payable duties also include confirming receipt of merchandise with departments when packing lists are not available, and working closely with the purchasing agent.
- Dependent on skill levels, may assist accounting manager with generating reports from QuickBooks and Excel, and monthly closing entries.
- Requires proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy; the ability to work well independently and with others; and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of accounting principles such as double entry accounting and journal entries also helpful. Some college or high school level accounting coursework preferred.
7 total views, 1 today