Full-Time Accounting Associate I
At an entry level, performs accounting tasks requiring experience in accounting office practice.
· 1+ years of experience in an accounting support role
· Experience with heavy data entry
· Experience in Accounts Payable
· Experience with high volume invoice/data entry
· Experience with 2 & 3-way match purchase orders
· Performs various general accounting duties.
· Verifies accuracy and completeness of repetitive accounting documents, identifies discrepancies, resolves issues and determines appropriate course of action according to established procedures.
· Prepares routine recurring journal entries. Operates specific accounting system applications for data entry, information retrieval and/or inquiry.
· Classifies and/or codes transactions to appropriate accounts.
· Assembles, analyzes and audits various accounts, as assigned.
· Serves as backup for other accounting associates within the work group.
· Performs various accounts payable duties.
· Processes invoices for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
· Processes employee expense reimbursements and cash advances.
· Verifies accuracy and completeness of repetitive accounts payable documents, identifies discrepancies, resolves issues and determines appropriate course of action according to established accounts payable and procurement procedures.
· Operates specific accounting system applications for data entry, information retrieval and/or inquiry. This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
28 total views, 1 today