Full-Time Accounting Associate I
At an entry level, performs accounting tasks requiring experience in accounting office practice.
· 1+ years of experience in an accounting support role
· Experience with heavy data entry
· Experience in Accounts Payable
· Experience with high volume invoice/data entry
· Experience with 2 & 3-way match purchase orders
· Performs various general accounting duties.
· Verifies accuracy and completeness of repetitive accounting documents, identifies discrepancies, resolves issues and determines appropriate course of action according to established procedures.
· Prepares routine recurring journal entries. Operates specific accounting system applications for data entry, information retrieval and/or inquiry.
· Classifies and/or codes transactions to appropriate accounts.
· Assembles, analyzes and audits various accounts, as assigned.
· Serves as backup for other accounting associates within the work group.
· Performs various accounts payable duties.
· Processes invoices for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
· Processes employee expense reimbursements and cash advances.
· Verifies accuracy and completeness of repetitive accounts payable documents, identifies discrepancies, resolves issues and determines appropriate course of action according to established accounts payable and procurement procedures.
· Operates specific accounting system applications for data entry, information retrieval and/or inquiry. This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
9 total views, 1 today